Re: Software management: Call for RFEs results!

On 13. 10. 2013 at 03:05:20, Alek Paunov wrote:
> On 04.10.2013 15:34, Jan Zelený wrote:
> > If you have any other questions, comments or notes regarding the document,
> > feel free to to use this list for the discussion.
>
> Where (list threads, wikis, sources) one should seek more details about
> the DB aspects of the plan, e.g.:
>
>   * A1: Delta metadata in yum and dnf (format, replication mechanism)

We have an early proof of concept of this one but the final design is still not
100% clear so there is no information on this. I'm CCing Zdenek who is working
on delta metadata, feel free to ask him about the details.

>   * B1-4: New format of rpmdb (db engine, schema, relation with the
> future yum/dnf db)

This is in even more early stages. Currently Jan Silhan (CCed) is working on
this. If you have any suggestions/requirements, feel free to start the
discussion. This topic has also been discussed several months ago on rpm-maint
list [1], however the scope was much more narrow.

[1] http://lists.rpm.org/pipermail/rpm-maint/2013-April/003520.html

Thanks
Jan