Re: F19 server install experience

Adam Williamson (awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx) said:

> > > Yeah. We need to fix that. The problem is that now I know it *does*
> > > cause some issues, but I still don't know *what* issues. Bill was
> > > supposed to be looking into it and updating the bug, but unless I missed
> > > a comment, he didn't get around to it yet.
> >
> > I belive the patches posted in that bug will make the behavior better, and
> > more predictable. However, I don't maintain either component in question,
> > and it involves changing their behavior, so while I *could* just
> > provenpackager the changes in, I figure I'd wait for a go-ahead from the
> > actual maintainers.
>
> That's kind of orthogonal, though. We *definitely* need to fix it going
> forward, and that should take priority, but I was also hoping - and
> thought you had kindly volunteered - that we could determine with as
> much detail as possible what the exact status and consequences of the
> F19 situation were, and update the bug report and commonbugs page with
> that information.

Apologies, I haven't had time to do investigation. The note in CommonBugs is
certainly correct as far as anaconda using biosdevname by default still - if
there are other consequences where different names are written to the
interface configuration by anaconda than what are assigned with
udev/systemd, that would exacerbate things further.

Bill