Re: LVM thinp expectations in anaconda 20

On Sep 27, 2013, at 12:59 PM, Alasdair G Kergon <agk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 11:55:43AM -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
>> I still can't choose a Desired Capacity that's larger than free space
>> in the VG. Ergo, I can't create a virtual size LV. Is this expected?
>
> At this stage, yes.  It might change in future, but I think it was felt
> to be both too much code to change and too much change for users to take
> on board if it was all changed at once.

For an LV to take advantage of thinp snapshots needs to be a virtual size LV drawn from the thin pool, correct? So it is a virtual size LV in any case, it's just that the installer isn't going to let users specify total LV virtual sizes greater than the pool, right?

Chris Murphy