Re: [HEADSUP] Atlas changed libraries

On Sun, 29 Sep 2013 11:25:27 +0300
Susi Lehtola <jussilehtola@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Sep 2013 01:05:23 +0200
> Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Susi Lehtola wrote:
> > > Again, you should file a bug to the FPC about this.
> >
> > Is this really the FPC's responsibility? I'd expect this to be the
> > maintainer's, and for escalation FESCO's.
>
> FPC maintains packaging guidelines. If you think that BLAS/LAPACK
> packages should have their own guideline, then file a proposition to
> the FPC. FESCO is still there if the matter needs to be escalated from
> the FPC.

Also, I'd still like to remind that the case of LAPACK/BLAS is
analogous to that of MPI - both follow the same standard, meaning the
same symbols in different implementations of the standard.

In the case of MPI there was a need to totally separate the different
implementations, because otherwise esoteric problems could arise. Why
would this case be different?

What about runtime C libraries, should you be able to switch those as
well?
--
Susi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor