Re: About F19 Firewall

On 09/24/2013 05:15 PM, P J P wrote:
   Hello Thomas,

----- Original Message -----
From: Thomas Woerner <twoerner@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: About F19 Firewall
You have to make sure where you are adding new rules. Here is a simple
example where you want to drop everything from 192.168.1.18:

If you do it wrong if could end up like this (output of iptables -S):

-A INPUT -s 192.168.1.0/24 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 192.168.1.18 -j DROP
-A INPUT -j REJECT

    Yes, I know about the ordering issue. But that is fairly reasonable, intuitive and straightforward to understand.

O.k., then please provide a program that places (user supplied) rules at the proper position in an (user supplied) rule set in that way that it will always result in the (user) expected behaviour without further modifications. BTW: This is not limited to source addresses only, but also port ranges and ports, matches, logging, ..

I am looking forward to get this solution.

---
Regards
    -Prasad
http://feedmug.com