Re: Ananconda

On Sep 23, 2013, at 9:44 AM, Gene Czarcinski <gene@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How about the reuse of btrfs subvolumes?

It is possible to reuse btrfs subvolumes for mount points other than root. Root requires a new subvolume.

> It seems to me that the only way to do that is to delete the subvolume and then reallocate it which is precisely what I do in my KVM kickstart installs.  I first bootup in rescue mode and delete the old root subvolume and then reboot to do the install.  I probably need to figure out out a pre-install script which will do that.

No need to delete the previous subvolume unless you want to delete the installation contained on it.

> Is this worth an RFE?  I am thinking of an RFE for kickstart.   I assume (I have not tried it) that I can reuse an subvolume by first deleting and "reclaiming" the space from a regular install.

Reuse is inconsistent with delete, but yes you can't reuse an existing subvolume for rootfs for a new install.

Chris Murphy