Re: Default boot/root filesystem

On 09/09/2013 02:35 PM, Josef Bacik wrote:
>In a 21 century distro the sub community would decide which default
>filesystem would be their preference to deliverer the best out of the box
>experience for their product but hey rings to rule them all and hobbits too.

I'd like to see this become a reality, that way I don't have to deal
with the bureaucracy that is the fedora feature process to make btrfs
the default, I can just make my own spin for people who want to try it
out and when it becomes stable enough the other spins can integrate it
if they so choose.  Thanks,

The ring proposal is made up of the old outdated mentality so I'm not seeing that dream becoming reality but I dont think there is actually anything to prevent this from a technical point of view ( as in limitation in anaconda/lorax )

The Desktop sig cannot do this and KDE probably not since those are release blocking desktop however the Gnome SIG might as well as the other spins.

JBG