Re: Dracut HostOnly or ConfigurationOnly?

On 09/09/2013 11:48 AM, Kamil Paral wrote:
On 09/06/2013 10:15 AM, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
Can this not be done automatically? If the system fails to boot because
of significant hardware changes, it's an obvious option to regenerate
initramfs. I can't image a normal user go to the rescue mode and run
"dracut --regenerate-all". Not that it's difficult to do it, but the
discoverability of the solution is bad.
This has been discussed in the past and if we are going to head down
that road we need a proper end user friendly UI rescue environment for
the core/baseOS which automatically scans things for problem and
proposes to fix that for the novice end user.

I'm pretty sure nobody is against this but as usual as someone has to do
all that work...
It should have been a prerequisite for dracut host-only feature.

It's nonsense having an full blown rescue environment as an requirement for dracut-hostonly feature.

JBG