Re: Dracut HostOnly or ConfigurationOnly?

On 09/06/2013 11:05 AM, poma wrote:
> On 05.09.2013 16:51, Harald Hoyer wrote:
>
>> This Fedora release builds an initramfs tailored especially for your computer
>> hardware. If you change your machine or partitions or significant hardware, you
>> might have to boot with the "Rescue" boot entry and execute "dracut
>> --regenerate-all". If you want your initramfs to be hardware independent,
>> install the "dracut-nohostonly" rpm package. If you don't want rescue images at
>> all (like in virtual machines), install the "dracut-norescue" rpm package.
>>

> Package over here, package over there.
> It's not so long ago called configuration.
> Now if we want to configure something, we install a package.
> Can someone package a pizza and send it here.
> Oh wait, I forgot about prosciutto.
> Install a prosciutto package, please.

Using package installation as configuration is quite bizarre.

Wasn't there a specific policy that installation and configuration
are two different things?
"You installed httpd, ok, so you have the stuff on your disk, but that
does not mean it will run at next reboot, you have to configure and
activate it explicitly".

   Roberto Ragusa    mail at robertoragusa.it