Re: Changes to make MySQL vs. MariaDB less confusing

On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 22:57:27 +0200, Ken Dreyer <ktdreyer@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 9:34 AM, Norvald Ryeng <norvald.ryeng@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If you want us to do more, please say so. We're happy to help out.

Thanks for extending the offer. Would you mind commenting on the
mysql-workbench issues too? As Remi's pointed out a couple times,
there's a long list of crasher bugs that have been filed with abrt in
Bugzilla, and Remi has orphaned that package because it was too much
work to remove the bundled libraries.

I don't work on WB myself, so this is second hand info. I hope I'm not distorting it too much:

As of WB 6.0, most bundled libraries have been removed. There are currently only two bundled libraries that are needed: scintilla and antlr-runtime. These are patched versions of the libraries that we haven't been able to get rid of yet. We're trying to, but we need to get some patches accepted upstream first.

As I understand it, the current inflow of bugs is because WB in Fedora uses a non-bundled antlr-runtime. The bundled version includes at least one bugfix that is necessary for WB to work. This has been reported upstream and against the antlr3-C package in Fedora (bug #966973).

Regards,

Norvald H. Ryeng