Re: Graphics driver support in F21+

On 08/27/2013 03:14 PM, drago01 wrote:
On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 4:54 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
<johannbg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is it not better to drop entirely graphics drivers that do not have kms
support and at the *same time* adopt the policy

"From this point forward only graphics driver that have kms support will be
allow to be packaged and shipped in the distribution"
Isn't that a bit too much?

Depends If we want people to kick some live to upstream and add kms support we go that route.

If we want to just keep building these things and have our end user base having to come up with their own xorg.conf and basically deliver broken out the box support for some if not all those drivers we dont.

JBG