Re: Changes to make MySQL vs. MariaDB less confusing

On 8/21/2013 5:01 PM, Chris Adams wrote:
Once upon a time, Ken Dreyer <ktdreyer@xxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
I fear a similar fate is going to befall mysql-workbench before too
long, since it's been orphaned for a while. Are the Oracle employees
still around?
I looked a while back, and it is marked "deprecated" in the Fedora
package database.  I'm not sure why it wasn't just orphaned, since AFAIK
it still works, still maintained, and there's no direct replacement.

There are several of us still around. Bjorn has been working on the packages and chimed in earlier. We'd really like to get 5.6 into Fedora as it's been GA for 6 months now. Also, we just released workbench 6.0 and we would love to get that and our latest connectors in as well. For that, it would be made much easier with a different namespace for mysql and each of the forks (esp. the client libraries) I know a lot of the current communications about the packages is going on in the background, but when issues come up, either bring it up here or contact us directly. We are seriously interested in helping out where we can.

Andrew