Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] Retiring packages for Fedora 20 including FTBFS packages (was Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] Retiring packages for Fedora 20 v2)

On 17 August 2013 10:00, Till Maas <opensource@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Due to missing FTBFS bug reports for Fedora 18 and a bug in scripting,
FTBFS packages were missing in previous reports. According to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fails_to_build_from_source?rd=FTBFS#Package_Removal_for_Long-standing_FTBFS_bugs
removing long standing FTBFS packages might be delayed until the Alpha
release, which is planned for in about a month. Nevertheless, please fix
packages ASAP.

The following packages are orphaned or did not build for two
releases and will be retired when Fedora (F20) is branched, unless someone
adopts them. If you know for sure that the package should be retired, please do
so now with a proper reason:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_remove_a_package_at_end_of_life

According to https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Schedule branching will
occur not earlier than 2013-08-20. The packages will be retired shortly before.

Note: If you received this mail directly you (co)maintain one of the affected
packages or a package that depends on one.

        Package                            (co)maintainers
eclipse-phpeclipse        mbooth, swagiaal
eclipse-veditor           chitlesh, shakthimaan, swagiaal

I've fixed eclipse-veditor in F19 and F20.

I'm thinking of retiring eclipse-phpeclipse anyway -- upstream is generally unresponsive and the project often seems moribund so I suspect Eclipse PDT is *much* better than PHPEclipse these days.... If anyone is still using eclipse-phpeclipse, I urge you to try out http://projects.eclipse.org/projects/tools.pdt