Re: RFC: Old packages remain on the mirrors for one week

Hi,

On Monday, August 12, 2013 09:47 AM, Richard Hughes wrote:
So my proposal is thus:

1. We retain old packages on the mirrors for a minimum of 7 days.
2. We regenerate the metadata on every compose like before
3. We only include the latest package version in the metadata
4. If the user is installing an "old" package we check if the new
package is a security or important update and re-download all metadata
if so

How do you know if the new package is a security/important update without downloading the new metadata?

In fact, how do you even know that there is a new package without downloading the new metadata?

Other than that, I certainly like this proposal.

It has an added benefit: it could make « yum downgrade » work better.

--
Mathieu