Re: mass rebuild update

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 7:44 AM, Marcela Mašláňová <mmaslano@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 08/05/2013 04:35 AM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
>>
>>   There is a large number of failures[1] that need to be
>> addressed.
>>
>> Dennis
>

> Do you have also numbers how many FTBFS we had in F19 and F20? It might be
> good for post mortem of Fedora rebuilds.
>
> I thought the rebuild should start after all tasks were done [1]. Now we
> have many build failures in Perl and not only there. I guess it would be
> much faster if we finished Perl first.

Ultimately if the perl feature needed to be ready for the mass rebuild
which needs to happen before branch so ideally probably 2 weeks or so
before hand (although this mass rebuild was much faster than the
past). Branch is scheduled for tomorrow[1] . Maybe we need to put a
"mass rebuild starts" point in the Schedule in the future so that
people are more aware of this and have the sorts of features like a
perl rebase done in reasonable time.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/20/Schedule