Re: F20 System Wide Change: Enable SELinux Labeled NFS Support

On 7/26/2013 6:55 AM, Daniel J Walsh wrote:

On 07/25/2013 06:45 PM, James Hogarth wrote:

On 25 Jul 2013 19:55, "Daniel J Walsh" <dwalsh@xxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:dwalsh@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

<snip>

The only provisos/additions I could suggest on the above then is to make
it clear in the release notes that server and client should be matching for
any additional fcontext rules to eliminate any server/client relabel
discrepancies.

In addition rather than defaulting to the file_t context might I suggest
using the current/standard nfs_t context for unknown labels (unless
overridden by mount options of course)?

I am not sure we can do this. Eric do you know of a way to do something like this?

I don't believe this is possible with our current implementation. I'd need to look again. The caveat for this operating mode in the IETF specification we wrote is the the policies are homogenous in this environment. The server is not really label aware. Its mostly supposed to be simple attribute storage. In our case here it is aware however because we don't currently have any policy translation infrastructure it is supposed to be a homogenous environment.

Dave