Re: Default libkrb5 ccache location

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 5:17 PM, Simo Sorce <simo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-07-26 at 17:07 +0200, Tomas Mraz wrote:
>> > For the record, I like this plan. It should also serve to address a
>> > number of unfortunate edge-cases, particularly those around the
>> > semi-sessions created by 'su' and 'sudo'.
>>
>> I'd rather like to see a plan that would fix also other similar uses
>> off /run/user/<uid> and not just the Kerberos. Unfortunately Lennart
>> insists otherwise so I am afraid that this is doomed to fail and hacks
>> like this one above will prevail.
>

> While I'd like to have a solution for the world, I really want to fix
> the kerberos issue now. We can transition later to a better way to do
> this, but I do not think we can live with these bugs for long while we
> wait for the perfect solution.

If the expectation is that the cache may be moving around again once
or twice, should we be thinking about hiding/deemphasizing the
location from users so that they aren't troubled by the moves?  Or
perhaps the exact opposite - make KRB5CCNAME prominent to give
everybody a working solution until we get something that works well in
the default case (... while possibly limiting our flexibility for the
future)?
    Mirek