Re: Webapps denying all outside access by default?

Am 20.07.2013 21:53, schrieb Adam Williamson:
> I'm not sure if I'm missing anything here, but is it intended that
> webapps should not be accessible from anywhere but localhost by default?

with my web-developer / admin hat on - yes!

you do not want to expose unconfigured webapp-packages
to the world and having undefind behavior until it is
configured - hence for many packages you need to find
out yourself their URL while any bot is knowing it

> <Directory /usr/share/name>
>   AllowOverride Options
>   <IfModule mod_authz_core.c>
>     # Apache 2.4
>     Require local
>   </IfModule>
> </Directory>

> Which pretty clearly disallows access from anywhere but localhost. It
> seems an odd default configuration, in that if you ever want to allow
> anyone to actually access your webapp you're going to have to change it,
> which will prevent it ever being automatically updated again

you can override this with any .conf file included after it
/etc/httpd/conf.d/*.conf is included in alphabetial order

/etc/httpd/conf.d/z-name-allow.conf
<Directory /usr/share/name>
 whatever you need to override
</Directory>