Re: F20 System Wide Change: No Default Syslog

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 05:43:43PM -0500, Chris Adams wrote:
> Once upon a time, Lennart Poettering <mzerqung@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> > On Mon, 15.07.13 16:42, Chris Adams (linux@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> > > I assume you mean "arrow key to the right", but that doesn't work when I
> > > run "journalctl".  I get "No next file" (and "No previous file" for
> > > left-arrow).
> >
> > Yes, to the right. You are using less as a pager I presume? Scrolling to
> > the right certainly works here. Please file a bug against less if it
> > doesn't for you.
>
> No, the "bug" is journalctl, not less.  If I run "journalctl | less", I
> get wrapped lines.  If I run "journalctl", I get truncated lines
> (despite your repeated claims to the contrary).
[At least in default configuration] you can switch between "truncated"
and "non-truncated" output by pressing -S<ENTER>, or view the "truncated"
part by pressing right arrow. If you're seeing something different,
then please file a bug (against less, because journalctl doesn't really
do anything other than popen("less") here). For reference, try pressing
'h' in less, I see:
  ESC-)  RightArrow *  Left  one half screen width (or N positions).
  ESC-(  LeftArrow  *  Right one half screen width (or N positions).
If you have something different, then it probably is a config difference.

Zbyszek
--
they are not broken. they are refucktored
                           -- alxchk