Re: Getting koji access for some Perl tools

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 11:57 AM, Till Maas <opensource@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> to get koji build access you need to become a package maintainer as
> described here:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_package_collection_maintainers

Thanks. I'm re-registered and have my keys and certificates, *BUT* I'm
afraid I'm encountering just the sort of problem that made it so
frustrating.

For example: doing the "koji mock-config" step pointed to the
fedoraproject.net website as stated in the directions you pointed out
creates SSL key problems. That's because the HTTP websites used for
content seem to have redirects pointed to HTTPS sites, and the key
used for the fedoraproject.net website is actually the key for the
fedoraproject.org domain. That's the sort of problem that happens when
you redirect HTTP to HTTPS and don't consider the consequences of
servicing sites that are not on the same hostname or domain.

If I were administering that, I'd seriously consider not using HTTPS
for that  content at all. It's a computational burden for the web
servers or the proxies, and contributes to precisely this sort of
problem.

Fortunately for me, I'm a weasel, and checked that simply replacing
"fedoraproject.net" with "fedoraproject.org" in the URL's seems to
help. But then the "mock  -r dist-6EE-epel-build-x86_64 init" fails,
because it can download some but not others of the RPM's. So it looks
like the upstream yum repository for that is messed up.

f19-x86_64 seems to work, so I can work with that for the moment. But
I'm really aiming at getting some of this material from Fedora  19
ported back to RHEL 6 for EPEL.

I've also noticed something alarming as well: the f19-i386.cfg,
f19-x86_64.cfg, etc.  files all use the same "root" for mock.
That's.... really, really bad if  you ever do cross-platform builds on
the same mock server. "clean" operations for one setup will overlap
with build operations for another, and chaos can ensue. "root" in a
mock *.cfg file should be the same as "basename file.cfg .cfg", in
general, to void precisely that kind of overlap. I can see why it
might not occur in koji's build environment: they seem to have
dedicated servers to each build environment and architecture. But if
you've got only one build server and build multiple architecture
packages, it's bad.

Time to submit some RFE's and bug reports, I think....