Re: Rawhide: glibc, ldconfig, and community-mysql-libs, oh my

Am 11.07.2013 22:46, schrieb Adam Williamson:
> On Thu, 2013-07-11 at 22:43 +0200, Tomasz Torcz wrote:
>> Answer to the second part: because 3 days ago commynity-mysql was fixed
>> to require ldconfig in /usr:
>> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/community-mysql.git/commit/?id=56c556f1555b88c391e70632184018e31852e884
>>
>> And glibc somehow only provides ldconfig in /sbin.  I got bitten by this
>> few weeks ago (had to revert to running /sbin/ldconfig instead of /usr/sbin/ldconfig)
>
> But then why does yum check not apparently perceive a problem with the
> current state - where glibc -3 is installed, which differs in its
> provides/requires *not at all* from -4? Why did that
> community-mysql-libs package install just fine here?

this is a fragment of UsrMove

if you start to Require "/usr/sbin/ldconfig" this is
satisfied because it is present by the symlinks, the
checkdeps on updates of the package which provides the
file are making the troubles

i stated not only one time that the UsrMove should have
been finished long ago by change *nay* path references
to /usr/bin and /usr/sbin

after i got tired i simply fixed this issues with
two "Provides" in an internal meta-package and changed
any references of internally maintained packages to
/usr/bin/bash, /usr/bin/perl, /usr/bin/ldconfig
y year ago

[builduser@buildserver:/rpmbuild/SPECS]$ cat lounge-base.spec | grep perl
Provides:  /bin/perl
[builduser@buildserver:/rpmbuild/SPECS]$ cat lounge-base.spec | grep ldconfig