Re: F20 System Wide Change: ARM as primary Architecture

On Wed, 10 Jul 2013 15:06:50 -0400 (EDT)
Aleksandar Kurtakov <akurtako@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yeah, I know the reasons but still this would make it really hard for
> us to push changes or test a build fix. I would like all archs to
> have equal attention but not at the price of others. I still have bad
> memories from ppc building eclipse for similar time and thus causing
> huge delays. We usually update most of the Eclipse packages
> simultaneously (build order matters) as they are released on the same
> date if builds are gonna take that will be big hurdle for us. 3-4
> times slower is acceptable but more than that becomes a problem.

Interested folks can go look at:

http://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/

and find packages they care about (please look at f19 or rawhide
builds, as f17/f18 ones also build for armv5tel and will take a lot
longer to build).

We did experiment with SSD disk in the ARM SOC's, but that didn't seem
to help very much at all (ie, the build is mostly cpu bound, not i/o).
Arm builders are also currently Fedora 18. Moving to F19 might help,
not sure.

kevin