Re: F20 System Wide Change: ARM as primary Architecture

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 06:02:57AM -0400, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:

> I don't see a problem with different set of blocking desktops for ARM, even
> as primary architecture. But it's really about resources - do we have people
> willing to work for example on LXDE (I'd say more resources friendly for
> current ARMs) - not saying there are no people, but more to support it as
> blocking desktop, if QA would be able to validate three desktops on two
> different platforms... And as we try to avoid "default" world in Fedora now,
> let's have LXDE "default" in some cases.

I do. Fedora is a Linux distribution that has a specific set of software
available, and runs a specific desktop by default. We have a process
whereby people can produce Fedora variants with different defaults, and
we release those as spins. If ARM wants to be *Fedora*, it should behave
identically to the other Fedora architectures. If ARM merely wants to be
able to produce something that's similar to Fedora then we should figure
out what a spin-based PA would look like, but that's not what's
currently being proposed.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx