Re: vote for systemd: Nay.

FC18 template is a very standard one (a 939 MBytes tgz file) which
(and this is a key factor) was proved to be fully working "as is"
in an openvz
container (kernel 2.6.32-042stab076.8). "as is" means that Template
was never taylored
to be on openvz container (template is used out of the box in openvz
container) and could
be used to seed a working HOST too.

So, as you mentioned earlier you used this recipe to set up your image:

https://gist.github.com/fabaff/5512671

How Many time need I specify I didn't use that solution (it was a bad
solution), I sent
you this reference to tell you some other must certainly have a problem too
and find (which I think is) a none satisfactory solution...
Here are exact wording I used in my personal email to you about my trouble

"""" 25/06/2013
Via google, I was able to find a way to have fc18 working under LXC.
The proposed way was to eviscerate many services unit from systemd (ln
-s /dev/null /etc/systemd/system/udev-settle.service, etc..), see
https://gist.github.com/fabaff/5512671.
Applying such dramatique measure make fc18 container indeed working,
but such solution are not good for both systemd and LXC and prove I am
not the only one not able to figure out systemd setup needs.
""""

Its seems at least we agree it was not a good solution.
I want to keep the release as pristine as possible within a container
(my kind is an IaaS, see yesterday James Bottomley email about
different meaning for the word 'container')

Being able to migrate OS images between VMs, bare metal, containers, in
all directions without alteration is absolutely a worthy goal, and not
far off, if people actually start caring.

I fully agree.
Problem is not here.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.

A bientôt
Jean-Marc Pigeon                        E-Mail: jmp@xxxxxxx
SAFE Inc.                             Phone: (514) 493-4280
  Clement, 'a kiss solution' to get rid of SPAM (at last)
     Clement' Home base <"http://www.clement.safe.ca";>