Re: Announcing the release of Fedora 19 for ARM!

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 10:36 PM, Matthew Garrett <mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 02, 2013 at 10:28:03PM +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 10:05 PM, Matthew Garrett <mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > GNOME runs fine without hardware 3D support, but the llvmpipe code that
>> > makes that possible segfaults on ARM.
>>
>> gnome runs fine on ARM as well without llvmpipe support [1] and I can
>> use it as well on F-19 with a binary driver....
>
> Sure, it'll run if you use non-Fedora components. Without the LLVM
> issue, it'd work in Fedora as well.

Yes... that would be great if the LLVM maintainer would step up and
help out with the issues.... oops we don't have one of those [1]!
Getting any form of support for LLVM on ARM has been like pushing shit
up hill and has been an issue for the 2.5 years I've been working on
ARM and I get the feeling that the people that deal with it do it for
the bits that affects them because they have to not because they want
to. Not pretty but we're severely limited by resources and ability and
there's a reason we don't currently ship the a gnome build. There was
also an upstream proposal in mesa to refactor mesa to better support
EGL but that appears to have died out so we're screwed there as
well...

[1] https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2012-May/166731.html