Re: help requested for consolehelper/pam in gsmartcontrol

Adam Williamson <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If I were you I'd just look at any app that's still using consolehelper
> and working, and copy its configuration. Shouldn't be too hard.

Makes sense.  I already have mtr-gtk installed, and it uses
consolehelper.  As it happens, it exhibits the same behavior, and uses
an identical PAM configuration, which worked in F17 but fails in F19.
(I haven't bothered to try it in F18.)  Filed bug #974334.

Now I'll look for another app that uses consolehelper.  Repoquery
shows that there are still 49 packages depending on usermode, and
presumably at least a few others use consolehelper.

> But I think it's trivial to convert an app to use PK
> as a simple 'su wrapper' too

If so, it's a shame that the polkit documentation doesn't give a
trivial example of doing exactly that.  Oh well.

Thanks!
Eric