Re: F18 => F19 update adventures

On 06/10/2013 11:21 AM, Honza Horak wrote:

Thanks for reporting this. Currently, we use standard systemd macros in both and since package replacement is not actually an update, then mariadb gets to default (non-enabled) status the same like after the first install.

What we could do is to add a %triggerun scriptlet that would create a file in /tmp as an indication that mysqld is enabled and then explicitly enable the service in mariadb %post scriptlet if such file exists.

Or do we have another less hackish way to fix that?

What do administrators have to do to prevent being migrated from mysql to mariadb on upgrades?

JBG