Re: Bandwidth issue is fedora-review

On 06/04/2013 05:50 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Tue, 2013-06-04 at 12:51 +0530, Kalpa Welivitigoda wrote:
Hi,

I am willing to and already have done package reviews specially in
sugar activities. I am using fedora-review tool and there, mock needs
to download a  number of packages which will add up to around 150-200
MB. Those files will be downloaded each time that I run fedora-review.
I have limited bandwidth and the connection is a bit slow, that
consumes a lot of time.

Is there anything that I can do to overcome this issue? May be to have
a cache of the packages that mock downloads or to have remote
resources where I can run fedora-review and download the output files?
You should be able to do a remote scratch build using Koji, download the
binary RPMs, and point fedora-review at those. But I spent 30 minutes
trying to get that to work a few days ago and was singularly
unsuccessful, so I gave up and did the review manually. If anyone knows
the magic command line to make that work, please share. I tried all the
obvious stuff from the manpage (--prebuilt, --no-build) without apparent
success, it just kept wanting to run mock.

I mostly quit doing mock builds a couple years back and I just use Koji
as my scratch builder now.
The workflow in the manpage should work, have tested it occasionally. If someone could file a bug with the specifics about f-r version, package, commands etc I could have a look. Preferably use the upstream tracker at https://fedorahosted.org/FedoraReview/.

--alec