Re: Package version match with upstream in reviewing

On 06/03/2013 02:33 PM, Kalpa Welivitigoda wrote:

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 5:52 PM, Matej Cepl <mcepl@xxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:mcepl@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 2013-06-03, 12:19 GMT, Kalpa Welivitigoda wrote:
     > It is compulsory that a package waiting to be reviewed, be submitted
     > with the latest version in upstream?

    Could you elaborate a bit on the particular situation? Why wouldn't you
    go with the latest upstream?

It's always better to go with the latest version unless in an
exceptional case.

In this generality, it's untrue. Apply common sense to decide what to do.

I just wanted to know whether it is a MUST since it is
not clearly elaborated in the Package Review Guideline [1]
Definitely not. As others already expressed it's a "SHOULD".

It's common sense to find a compromise between what an upstream claims to be "stable", what users expect and own experience with a package.

Blindly packaging up some unstable, API/UI-breaking an overzealous/hyper-active "stuff" doesn't help anybody.

Ralf