Re: The official way to upgrade F18 to F19

On 05/29/2013 07:12 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
If folks think we shouldn't make 'fedup --network 19' work now to
upgrade people to branched/prerelease, please scream. ;) Otherwise it
will be the case from now on.

Hello,

I usually upgrade my main laptop and workstation to Fedora Beta X. This time around I tried in vain to find the magic incantation via google. So I downloaded the ISO, and did an ISO update then yum distro-sync. I would *love* if fedup allowed us to use a Alpha or Beta without knowing the incantation.

I'm indifferent to the 'should we protect users'. I wouldn't necessarily say its needed, and I'd prefer to not have to know the 'magic' name F19Beta or 19-beta or whatever. If its decided to protect users I'd go for a command line switch --allow-pre-release or something. Mainly because then fedup -h would display it and then the default could be left as is to only use released branches.

Either way though consider this a scream for it to allow upgrades to prereleases...!!!

--
Gnat