Re: Software Management call for RFEs

On 23 May 2013 14:58, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Debian (since 7?) has settled on using subdirectories of /usr/lib for
different architectures.  See:

http://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch

It supports more than just "64 bit or not", such as different kernels,
different endianness, and different instruction set extensions.

There's a link which explains better than I can why they did it:

http://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch/TheCaseForMultiarch

Thanks for the links.

I'm not the best person to judge, but it looks overcomplicated to me. For sure existing commercial binary packages shipped in RPM format will have a lot of problems.

Thanks,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore (R. W. Emerson).

http://xkcd.com/229/