Re: Adding open-vm-tools to core group

On Tue, May 07, 2013 at 10:48:01 -0700,
  Ravindra Kumar <ravindrakumar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It is not required for system to be functional, but it also leaves
a significant gap in the VM to be fully operational unless Tools are
installed. I listed out a bunch of functionality that depends on
open-vm-tools in my other response.

That suggests that it should be in the @standard group, not the @core group.

If there are strong use cases that don't require that functionality
then probably it makes sense to not be part of core, otherwise, I think
it makes more sense to make open-vm-tools part of @core because sooner
or later users will end up installing these due to one or the other
use case.

It is only needed by people using some VMs. So not all people who install @core are going to need it.