Re: Pending soname bumps for m4ri, m4rie, and ntl

2013/5/3 Jerry James <loganjerry@xxxxxxxxx>:

  Hi,

  Sorry for the delay responding.

> I would like to push updates for m4ri 20130416, m4rie 20130416, and
> ntl 6.0.0 to Rawhide.  Each of those updates involves an soname bump.
> This will require rebuilds of the following packages:
>
> eclib
> flint
> latte-integrale
> linbox
> Macaulay2
> polybori
> sagemath
> Singular
>
> I have built all of these in mock (although the sagemath build is
> still going; that one takes awhile!).  This also incidentally fixes
> the Macaulay2 failure to build due to a bug in latte-integrale, Rex.
> Sorry that has taken so long, but I just got the patch from upstream
> to fix the problem this morning.

  I started working on updating to sagemath 5.9 that was just
released. But if the 5.8 build finished, and most likely did, as
most of the time is spent building documentation, it should
be ok to update.

> I can handle all of the rebuilds unless any of the maintainers want to
> do it themselves.
>
> If the Singular maintainer is interested, I have worked out how to
> update it to 3-1-6, and also enable the polymake interface at the same
> time.  Let me know if you would like me to do that as part of the
> rebuild.  We should also consider making a flint-compat or flint1
> package, so we can upgrade the flint package to version 2, unless
> sagemath can be adapted to flint 2.x without too much trouble.
> Singular wants version 2.

  The Singular abi/api is somewhat volatile, so, I prefer to keep
at the version used by sagemath. Testing/updating after the m4ri
and m4rie updates should be a better plan.

> If the other maintainers involved will let me know how they would like
> to handle this, I can either coordinate the rebuilds or do them
> myself.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Jerry James