Re: Self introduction, and maintaining MySQL package

On Fri, 03 May 2013 16:06:36 +0200, James Hogarth <james.hogarth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Please log this in the package review. Let's proceed with the rest of the
review and look at renaming as a separate issue later.

The current maintainers  of community-mysql  stated that their preference
was to wait for F20 for community-msql 5.6 a couple of weeks back given
that we are well past Feature Freeze, Branch, Alpha and only a few days off
the Translation Deadline...

If the renaming is to be left as a separate issue then what specifically is
left for F19?

The current maintainers have stated that they don't intend to maintain the package much longer, and we've volunteered to maintain it. Exactly how and when a transition of maintainership is done is still not decided, but please at least review our first package submission.

We've been open about the intention to upgrade to 5.6 for months, but have respectfully waited to submit since the change of default has been difficult enough without introducing yet another variable into the equation. Now that the dust has settled and we seem to have a default selection that works, it's time to upgrade.

I see review requests on the list for new packages that people want into F19, so I don't see how it could be too late for upgrading an existing package.

Regards,

Norvald H. Ryeng