Re: Do you think this is a security risk and if not is it a bad UI decision?

On Fri, May 03, 2013 at 23:11:56 -0400,
  Rahul Sundaram <metherid@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 05/03/2013 10:59 PM, Matthew Garrett wrote:
Many UI decisions are unprecedented. That doesn't justify reopening bugs that the maintainer has closed. If you want to have a discussion about whether or not this is a reasonable UI decision, do so somewhere other than Bugzilla
This isn't a minor UI change but that one that has fairly serious security and privacy concerns. I feel more than justified in reopening the bug.

It's not like the people entering the password don't know it is visible. I expect people to take reasonable precautions when entering it given that information. Actually being able to see a password you are creating can help with memory and this could conceivably encourage people to choose more complex passwords.