Re: Weird excruciating slowness of FC3t3

søn, 17.10.2004 kl. 17.46 skrev Rui Miguel Seabra:
> Okay, after the scare subject, I warn:
>
>   1) installed on a Pentium II, 350Mhz with 128 MB of memory was usable
>   2) installed on a Pentium III, 500Mhz laptop with 512 MB of memory was
>      UNUSABLE
>
> Get the weird part? Both of them were pretty normal installations. Disks
> wiped clean with LVM, SELinux on.
>
> There were no error messages at all. None whatsoever.
>
> The laptop in question is a Toshiba Satellite Pro 4280.
>
> Since my gf needed her computer working, I decided to just try a recent
> Ubunto installation. It was way faster than FC2 ever was on it, even
> though the desktop is also GNOME 2.8. However, it doesn't include
> SELinux or LVM support for / .
>
> I'd like to go back to FC3 on that laptop when it comes, but I can't
> perpetually test it that hard, how can I give more information that
> might prevent such weird things to happen again?
>
> I have free space enough for a parallel installation, but it will never
> be the same as a default Workstation...
>
> Rui

I have noticed to. My test box is a 128 MB RAM 500 mhz P3 old deskpro,
which was pretty fast under fc3t2 and Suse 9.1. But under fc3t3, fc2,
fc1, and rh9 it was (is) slow as... - it seems to be swapping much less
efficently. t2 and t3 was with the "as delivered on cd" kernels.

What is differce between t2 and t3? what happened?