Re: Embedded SIG

On 04/21/2013 04:11 PM, inode0 wrote:
On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 7:01 AM, Markus Mayer <lotharlutz@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I have started developing for embedded devices (aka microcontrollers) lately
(mainly ARM cortex-M3 devices). Although fedora provides some of the needed
tools, there are still some bits missing to provide a good out-of-the-box
experience.

So I have decide to ask if there are others like me, and if there are
willing to form a SIG (special interest group) to enhance embedded
developing with fedora.

I think the main things to discuss within the sig are:
- Finding out what fedora is missing to provide a good develepmont
experience
- Packaging (Cross-compilers, cross-debugers, ...)

So if you are interested in helping to move thinks further or if you have
any interesting/help-full information, I would highly appreciate your help.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Embedded

While there is renewed discussion going on about who Fedora engages as
a community and as a platform it is really a great time to move this
forward and understand whether more could be done to make Fedora
suitable for embedded development. Are there difficulties that go
beyond tooling that can be identified?

John

Thanks for the link. Is there are reason that it is not listed on https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:SIGs ?

Regarding your last question: I think most difficulties are about tooling. Maybe some parts include creating guidelines/best-practices. But maybe at a discussion with some embedded devs some more tasks will occur.