Re: guidance needed for rebuilding an RPM

[Sorry for the late reply; catching up on old bookmarked posts.]

On Thu, 07 Mar, 2013 at 03:26:15 GMT, Adam Williamson wrote:
> To avoid going through the whole discussion we had last week _again_ -
> as fedpkg is primarily a tool intended for and used by Fedora packagers,
> it defaults to trying to do an authenticated check out, so you can also
> commit changes to the package. People sometimes suggest making the
> --anonymous option the default so it doesn't fail if you're not actually
> a packager, but that would be optimising for the corner case, in this
> particular situation.

fedpkg could clone anonymously and add a remote.origin.pushurl config to
the authenticated version. This is usually a plus all around since
git:// is faster than ssh:// when fetching.

See this RFE[1].

--Ben

[1]https://fedorahosted.org/fedpkg/ticket/5