Re: dnf installs cron.hourly

On 18/03/13 12:39, Richard Hughes wrote:

On 18 March 2013 09:21, Ales Kozumplik <akozumpl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
How does PackageKit implement this?

We ask NetworkManager (or connman) for the network adaptor type. This
seems to work well, unless someone uses their phone as a portable
hotspot (i.e. Wifi) and then it fails hard. Code is in
https://gitorious.org/packagekit/packagekit/trees/master/src -- see
pk-network-stack*.[c|h].

It's all based on an erroneous presumption however, namely that it is only mobile broadband connections which have bandwidth restrictions/costs.

A single "unit" of usage on my VDSL connection is worth 2.5Gb of data during working hours, 50Gb in the evenings or weekends and 1Tb in the early hours of the morning. Not surprisingly therefore I prefer it if updates don't suddenly start downloading during working hours, which is exactly what happened when I upgraded to F18.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom@xxxxxxxxxx)
http://compton.nu/