Re: system freezes after loading gdm/gnome

On 02/25/2013 09:26 AM, Jan Dvořák wrote:
Hi,

I am running rawhide for fun and since a few days ago a few seconds
after starting gdm the whole system freezes. I am sorry that I can't
really pinpoint the exact update as I suspend and this only manifested
after a reboot.

The problem is that I don't get any logs and running startx with
"exec gnome-session" in .xinitrc leads to the exactly same problem.

Interestingly, if I run just "gnome-terminal" from my .xinitrc,
close it and then re-run with full gnome-session, I get the shell
and everything seems to work.  Well, except it is somewhat sluggish,
suggesting some hidden breakage.

Any advices?

Best regards,
	Jan Dvorak

Seeing this also. Rawhide up-to-date with stock ati driver on RV 630. X seems to be eating up cpu cycles during sluggishness.

--
Regards,
OldFart