Re: Most buggy packages

On 02/25/2013 12:53 PM, Kamil Paral wrote:
Hi,
since we opened the question of the most buggy applications I would
like
to introduce you the Fedora crash statistics generated from ABRT
reports. It actually doesn't show the most buggy applications, but
the
number of crashes per application encountered by users in some period
of
time:

https://retrace.fedoraproject.org/faf/problems/hot/

The goal of this project is to help developers to prioritize their
work,
so the most "popular" bugs gets the proper attention.

--Jirka

As an example, this has 3000 counted crashes (just 1500 on the overview page, maybe a bug):
https://retrace.fedoraproject.org/faf/problems/20295/
but the bugzilla itself has just 22 people CC'd.

Even worse for this one:
https://retrace.fedoraproject.org/faf/problems/57483/
3000 counted crashes, but 11 people CC'd.

Are you going to let bugzilla maintainers know somehow? I would assume that once the crash count surpasses a certain threshold, you could add a comment to the bugzilla report:

"This has crashed for 100 users, see [FAF URL] for details."
"This has crashed for 1000 users, see [FAF URL] for details."
"This has crashed for 10000 users, see [FAF URL] for details."

Honestly, if you don't inform the bugzilla maintainers somehow, most of them will never learn of FAF.

- this feature is just being added as we speak :)