Re: Default browser of FC3?

On 10/09/2004 06:13 PM, Colin Walters wrote:
>On Sat, 2004-10-09 at 18:02 +0200, Lars E. Pettersson wrote:
It is also not connected to either Gnome or Kde and will therefore, hopefully, be acknowledged by both Gnome and Kde users.

Epiphany is the GNOME browser.

I know. My sentence above should have referred to the Firefox browser, not Epiphany, just a slip on the keyboard :-)

Why would Epiphany be a better default than Firefox, or Konquerer for that matter...?

Personally, after having tested all three, Firefox is the one that I feel most comfortable with, others seem to have reached the same conclusion. And, as has been said, users of other operating systems will know the Firefox browser, but will probably find the new acquaintance Epiphany a bit "strange" to work with. I think a lot of users will switch to Firefox, when they realize that is available. I may be wrong though, the future will tell. Nice that Firefox at least will be available in FC3!

Lars
--
Lars E. Pettersson <lars@xxxxxxxx>
http://www.sm6rpz.se/