Re: Proposed F19 Feature: Apache OpenOffice

04.02.2013 10:47, Kevin Kofler wrote:
Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
= Features/ApacheOpenOffice =
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ApacheOpenOffice

Feature owner(s): Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@xxxxxxxxxx>

Add Apache OpenOffice, the free productivity suite, to Fedora.
A big -1 to this feature, and in fact I'd urge FESCo to veto that package
outright (or if it somehow already made it into Fedora, to get it blocked in
Koji and Obsoleted by libreoffice ASAP).

Rationale:
* What benefit does this package have over LibreOffice, to justify carrying
   2 packages doing essentially the same thing?
* OpenOffice is a huge package and a big strain on our build system (Koji);
   IMHO, having 2 versions of it would be a gigantic waste of resources.
* LibreOffice is clearly the community version to be preferred:
   - All major distros support it.
   - Red Hat people work on it.
   - AFAIK, it has more features.
Does anyone have or known real table of differences of futures? I think it may be important see there.