Re: Proposed F19 Feature: First-Class Cloud Images

On Wed, 2013-01-23 at 17:04 +0000, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> = Features/FirstClassCloudImages =
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/FirstClassCloudImages
>
> Feature owner(s):  Matthew Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject dot org>
>
> This feature expands Fedora's current cloud image deliverables beyond just
> EC2, and overhauls how they are produced. The goal is to produce cloud images
> for EC2 and other cloud deployments for the Alpha, Beta, and Final compose
> process and distribute them on the mirror network. There will also be nightly
> or weekly image builds for Rawhide to assist with early development. All
> images should be constructed using a newer generation of tools.

This sounds great, and I'm all in favour, but:

>    * The Fedora Koji instance needs to be updated to a future release that
> will integrate with ImageFactory and Oz from the Aeolus Project. This future
> release is not implemented yet.

This sounds a bit hand-wavy. Is there a definite schedule? I love the
concept here, but I'd be worried if it involved a big change in how we
build cloud images, say, at Beta time.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey