Re: Proposed F19 Feature: Fedora Upgrade - using yum

If this method will be tested by FedoraQA, then I believe this upgrade method can be safely recommended to user.

The feature owners of this need to do the testing and prodding, not QA. The way this feature is written, it seems to imply that QA is supposed to implement this feature.

Note that this doesn't fix problems caused by dropped packages, that block other packages from being updated. One possiblity here would be to create a special package that obsoletes all of the dropped packages from the last release (or two depending on how far back you want to yum update from).

There are going to be some releases where you need to do things outside of yum to upgrade. I don't know that we want to advertise this as a feature when it can't really be supported from release to release. However, a group of people who wanted to report bugs for missing obsoletes and the like would be appreciated.