Re: To the Mate package maintainers

Andy Lawrence writes:

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Agreed. This also seems to be a convenient place to add my own snarky comment, that doesn't really merit its own thread.

I see that Gnome's lock screen now shows a pretty clock, after the display wakes up, that must be "swiped" away in order to unlock the desktop. Somehow (and this would be the snarky part) I knew even before I started looking, that there seems to be no bloody way to turn it off, in case you don't feel fond of having to go through an extra step of unlocking a locked desktop.