Re: Fedora 18 issues with translations and keymaps

On Thu, 2013-01-03 at 14:19 +0100, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
> "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" píše v Čt 03. 01. 2013 v 12:40 +0000:
> > On 01/03/2013 10:37 AM, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
> > > So yes, these issues are serious, but IMHO rather a long-term problem we
> > > should focus on after releasing F18.
> >
> > I disagree I think we need to fix those things first.
> >
> > Ask yourself this, If the roles where reversed and US keymaps and
> > translation was broken and on that list, we would ship?
>
> I'm using the Czech layout (and I'm even so weird that I'm using QWERTZ)
> and Czech translations primarily and I haven't found any serious
> problems for weeks of using Fedora 18. The bug that I reported " that
> you remove the English keyboard completely in Anaconda and it's still
> there as a second option in GNOME after installation" is IMHO just a
> minor problem.

Note I included that bug to represent the 'Bambara' problem, as it was
suggested in another bug that the Bambara thing was somehow a part of
your bug. But I should probably just separate it out to avoid confusion.
No-one seems to have given any serious consideration to the Bambara
thing, which is unfortunate.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey