Re: Fedora 18 issues with translations and keymaps

Il 03/01/2013 09:03, Adam Williamson ha scritto:
> 1. In the short term, is the combination of all these factors enough for
> us to want to delay F18 further to try and make things suck less?
I was waiting for an e-mail like yours, and I am happy to see someone
speaking about a delay of F18 release.
I always thought that if there are some quite big problems like we are
having, a delay would be good to preserve Fedora reputation. My question is:
knowing by many weeks that:
1. so many translations lacked;
2. keyboard layouts on fedup-dracut, anaconda, etc. have troubles
(expecially with LUKS. The bugzilla is full of this kind of bugreports)
why the community did not seriously take in consideration another
procrastination of F18 release? I have read people saying "let's skip
directly from F17 to F19" but why? Okay, people already spent a huge
amount of virtual ink discussing about when and how Fedora releases
should be released, but my simple thought is: let's wait for these
annoying bugs get fixed and don't worry about F19. They affect a very
large area of Fedora users, they are not limited to a little part of
them, so I 100% agree to the point number one of your letter.I think
also that is quite easy to fix them (I am speaking about keyboard
layouts trouble), so maybe that it will require only a few days to do
the work
I hope not to have been too banal