Re: Policy for stalled reviews?

On Thu, 27 Dec 2012 06:55:01 +0100, Alec Leamas wrote:

> As I understand it, we have a policy handling unresponsive submitters or
> reviewers. However, there is a third case when the complete process is
> stalled.
>
> The situation then becomes problematic if the stalled process handles a
> package you want that much that you are willing to package it yourself -
> if you submit it it will (rightfully) be closed as a duplicate.
>
> Of course, in this situation you try to talk to the people involved in
> the review, and it works mostly. But if/when it fails: is there any way
> to force a stalled review process to close or submit their package given
> some conditions yet to be defined?

If the community can afford spending time on multiple review requests for
multiple packages for the same software, oh well, ... but better not turn
it into a competition of who will be done faster. Continue talking to the
other people, since multiple packagers with interest in the software is
_the_ chance for team effort -- in particular during the later life-cycle
of the package. Starting with the "SCM admin request", multiple maintainers
can be added already, btw.

Bugzilla is somewhat limited with regard to how we use it for package
reviews.  It only knows one reporter (= the package submitter) and one
assignee (= the reviewer who also toggles the flag). The people in Cc can
contribute, too. And if you come to an agreement with the original
submitter, it should be possible to have multiple people refine the
src.rpm/spec as if there were multiple submitters. Some flexibility is
needed, obviously, to handle corner-cases, such as needed sponsorship.

--
Fedora release 18 (Spherical Cow) - Linux 3.6.11-3.fc18.x86_64
loadavg: 0.00 0.15 0.16