Re: What would it take to make Software Collections work in Fedora?

On Thu, 6 Dec 2012, Jan Zelený wrote:

Hi,
I guess the main reason why SCL is not used in Fedora it requires a certain
(potentially non-trivial) amount of work from package maintainer.

However feel free to make your packages SCL enabled. You shouldn't have any
issues with that. Just make necessary modification in your spec files, build all
packages against the Fedora in which you want them and host them in your repo.

The only inconvenience here is that Fedora infrastructure isn't yet prepared
for simple support of private repositories in a style of Launchpad so you have
to do all this work manually.

Bohuslav and I are working hard on making the copr code ready.

http://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/copr.git

and very soon we're going to need more help.

-sv